Sailing club prepares for Boston

Cayla Nimmo/Assistant Photo Editor

Junior Liam Munzenmaier (left) and sophomore Jared Payne work together to navigate their boat during the co-ed Sailing Club’s practice. Members practice Monday through Thursday at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, which sits on Biscayne Bay.

Last year, the team went to nationals and placed 10th overall. The UM Sailing Club is unique in that its members thrive on competition, whereas other teams are more inclined to sail for recreation alone.

“Sailing isn’t so much into trophies on the collegiate level, unfortunately,” said Munzenmaier, the club’s president.

The club will head to Boston this weekend for the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...