Sailing club prepares for Boston

Cayla Nimmo/Assistant Photo Editor

Junior Liam Munzenmaier (left) and sophomore Jared Payne work together to navigate their boat during the co-ed Sailing Club’s practice. Members practice Monday through Thursday at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, which sits on Biscayne Bay.

Last year, the team went to nationals and placed 10th overall. The UM Sailing Club is unique in that its members thrive on competition, whereas other teams are more inclined to sail for recreation alone.

“Sailing isn’t so much into trophies on the collegiate level, unfortunately,” said Munzenmaier, the club’s president.

The club will head to Boston this weekend for the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...