News Briefs 11/10

DIVERSITY WEEK

From Monday to Saturday, the Unity Roundtable and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) will host UM’s first ever Diversity Week. The events will focus on the theme, “We are all the same in the fact that we’re different,” and will include a student cultural talent showcase, a diversity leadership retreat and more. Check out the calendar of events at miami.edu/diversityweek. For more information, call MSA at 305-284-2855.

LAUNCH PAD EVENTS

Universities and organizations from more than 100 countries will be celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week next Monday through Friday. Presented by the Launch Pad, this initiative will feature more than 20 events involving entrepreneurs in fashion, entertainment, technology, sciences trade and more. Reservations are required for all events. For event details and to register, visit thelaunchpad.org/GEW.

DANCE COMPETITION

The Council of International Students and Organizations will host its fifth annual international dance competition Thursday from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Celebrate the themes of musicals from around the world by watching students perform various cultural dances. Free snacks and refreshments will be provided.

Kyli Singh may be contacted at managing@themiamihurricane.com.

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...