News Briefs 11/10

DIVERSITY WEEK

From Monday to Saturday, the Unity Roundtable and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) will host UM’s first ever Diversity Week. The events will focus on the theme, “We are all the same in the fact that we’re different,” and will include a student cultural talent showcase, a diversity leadership retreat and more. Check out the calendar of events at miami.edu/diversityweek. For more information, call MSA at 305-284-2855.

LAUNCH PAD EVENTS

Universities and organizations from more than 100 countries will be celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week next Monday through Friday. Presented by the Launch Pad, this initiative will feature more than 20 events involving entrepreneurs in fashion, entertainment, technology, sciences trade and more. Reservations are required for all events. For event details and to register, visit thelaunchpad.org/GEW.

DANCE COMPETITION

The Council of International Students and Organizations will host its fifth annual international dance competition Thursday from 8:30 to 11 p.m. Celebrate the themes of musicals from around the world by watching students perform various cultural dances. Free snacks and refreshments will be provided.

Kyli Singh may be contacted at managing@themiamihurricane.com.

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

The season-opening, three-day Miami Fall Invite wrapped up Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center a ...