News Briefs 11/7

AIRPORT SHUTTLE

For Thanksgiving or winter break, take the HurryCane shuttle from the Coral Gables campus to Miami International Airport or to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. It costs $10 to take the shuttle to the Miami International Airport and $20 to take the shuttle to the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. Shuttles must be reserved via MyUM no later than Nov. 20 for Thanksgiving and Dec. 11 for winter break.

NON-PROFIT CAREERS

Explore a career in the non-profit industry, where you can make a real difference in the world. This program will feature panelists working in a variety of non-profit organizations such as Teach for America, Peace Corps and United Way. For any questions, email Thaimi Fina at t.fina@miami.edu.

GRADUATE PANEL

A panel of graduate students will give advice to undergraduates about attending graduate school on Tuesday. It will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in LC 184.  Get tips about the application process, standardized tests, letters of recommendation and personal statements.

Kyli Singh may be contacted at managing@thmiamihurricane.com.

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Jimmy Murphy insists his life hasn't changed (much) after his internet-breaking touchdown and c ...

Hurricanes standouts Mykea Gray and Beatrice Mompremier have the opportunity of a lifetime this week ...

Miami Athletics announced Wednesday the completion of the new Boich Family Scoreboard at the Neil Sc ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...