Spice up your Halloweekend at these hot spots

Photo Illustration by Marlena Skrobe//Photo Editor

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Experience sassy transvestites and UFOs both on screen and in live acts by students. There will be screenings on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night from midnight to 2 a.m. It’s free for UM students, but bring your Cane Card. For more information, check out hurricaneproductions.org.

Cin-e-maze
Miami Beach Cinematheque has prepared a slightly more cultured sensory experience for all you former AV club elitists. At Cin-e-maze, take a walk through the installation, which lights up with scenes from German expressionist horror films for a series of truly twisted turns. Then catch showings of “Dr. Caligari” all night starting at 8 p.m. on Monday. The event will be at 1130 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. Tickets cost $5. For more information, visit mbcinema.com.

Oh Jack
Party at Dream in SoBe. The hotel will be transformed into London’s East End Whitechapel District circa 1888, where Jack the Ripper lurked in the streets. Pose for portraits in the bedroom of Mary Kelly, our dear Jack’s last victim. Lights go out at 9 p.m. on Saturday. Dream is located at 1111 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. Tickets cost $25 during the presale and $35 at the door. For more information, visit supermarketcreative.com.

Lincoln Road Zombie Walk
A casual stroll down the beach will turn into a dance with the undead as blood-covered zombies take over Lincoln Road this Saturday. It’s finally time to whip out those childhood “Monster Mash” moves and march toward the overpowering scent of brains. The walk runs from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. and starts at 420 Lincoln Rd. The event is free of charge.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...