Jack-o’-Lantern treats

One thing I miss about my childhood in upstate New York is going to a local pumpkin patch and picking out the one I thought had all the characteristics of a great pumpkin. My carvings were always mediocre, but I learned how to scrape the inside of a Jack-o’-Lantern and harvest the seeds for a delicious snack. Never throw away these tear-shaped treats again. After basic carving rituals, separate the stringy elements from the seeds. Then, we’ll get started.

You will need:
-2 tsps olive oil
-1 ½ cups of pumpkin seeds
-salt
-cayenne pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, pour in olive oil, then toss in the pumpkin seeds. Add your desired amount of salt and a dash of cayenne pepper. Spread seeds on tin foil and place them on a baking sheet. Turn every 15 minutes until golden brown.
Estimated time: 40 minutes.

Kevin F. Mason

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.