Nightlife madness on Halloween weekend

Dressed as a 1960s Pan Am stewardess or a stylish adman from the scenes of “Mad Men,” your Halloween costume should be designed for the endless slew of late-night soirees headed for the Magic City this weekend.
Just last week, party-goers flocked to Miami Beach for a DJ-fueled kickoff at LIV with Dirty Harry, Bobby Burns, Quintino and heavy-hitter Afrojack each tearing up the stage. And this week, Miami once again proves to be the unrivaled destination for nightlife madness with an Ultra-like weekend lineup.

THURSDAY

Miami’s own DJ Irie of 99 Jamz will welcome the crowd at SET nightclub while Thomas Gold stirs things up at LIV, both giving a glimpse of what’s to come.

FRIDAY

Once again, LIV will deliver with a solo performance by Axwell, the third Swede behind Swedish House Mafia, the DJ trio that brought the One Night Stand at the Masquerade Motel to Miami last Halloween. If flying solo doesn’t appease his fans, rumors have circulated about his expected arrival at “Back in Black” on Saturday night.

SATURDAY

Saturday is the most promising night of them all. Arrive in Downtown and prepare to enter “The Twilight Zone,” but not the creepy one your grandparents know.
From the outdoor terrace to the indoor main room, the Twilight Zone at Club Space will be a mix of perfectly-synced strobe lights dancing to the sounds of DJs Boris and Louis Puig.
Over the causeway and onto South Beach, Club Play will welcome 10 of Maxim magazine’s most attractive models as they prepare to award $1,000 to the best-dressed patron at the hip-hop hot spot.
Then, Wall Lounge at the W South Beach will channel Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan.” It’s encouraged for all to come dressed as characters from the movie, from the atypical ballerina to her dark counterpart.
The music continues at LIV from dusk until dawn where DJ Sander Van Doorn will be celebrating the newest tracks from his recent album, “Eleve11.”
Miami’s most anticipated event, “Back in Black,” is in the heart of Midtown, where Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Erick Morillo, LA Riots, Patrick M, Bob Sinclair and others will join forces under a tent to present what Go Big Productions has dubbed “the largest dance music costume event in the U.S.”

SUNDAY

Finally, Avicii will wrap up the chaotic weekend at Mansion, known for its over-the-top Halloween bashes, alongside resident DJ Laurent Simeca and special guest Cassette.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Zach Johnson is known for his fashion sense, and always has been since he led Miami Norland High to ...

Let’s fire everybody! And while we’re at it let’s fire the people who hired the people we just fired ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt, whose Hurricanes are in the midst of a four-game losing streak ...

The University of Miami’s interest in Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant apparently is m ...

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball is a member of the 2018-19 Citizen Naismith ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated Hartford, 75-62, Sunday afternoon at the Watsco Cent ...