Nightlife madness on Halloween weekend

Dressed as a 1960s Pan Am stewardess or a stylish adman from the scenes of “Mad Men,” your Halloween costume should be designed for the endless slew of late-night soirees headed for the Magic City this weekend.
Just last week, party-goers flocked to Miami Beach for a DJ-fueled kickoff at LIV with Dirty Harry, Bobby Burns, Quintino and heavy-hitter Afrojack each tearing up the stage. And this week, Miami once again proves to be the unrivaled destination for nightlife madness with an Ultra-like weekend lineup.

THURSDAY

Miami’s own DJ Irie of 99 Jamz will welcome the crowd at SET nightclub while Thomas Gold stirs things up at LIV, both giving a glimpse of what’s to come.

FRIDAY

Once again, LIV will deliver with a solo performance by Axwell, the third Swede behind Swedish House Mafia, the DJ trio that brought the One Night Stand at the Masquerade Motel to Miami last Halloween. If flying solo doesn’t appease his fans, rumors have circulated about his expected arrival at “Back in Black” on Saturday night.

SATURDAY

Saturday is the most promising night of them all. Arrive in Downtown and prepare to enter “The Twilight Zone,” but not the creepy one your grandparents know.
From the outdoor terrace to the indoor main room, the Twilight Zone at Club Space will be a mix of perfectly-synced strobe lights dancing to the sounds of DJs Boris and Louis Puig.
Over the causeway and onto South Beach, Club Play will welcome 10 of Maxim magazine’s most attractive models as they prepare to award $1,000 to the best-dressed patron at the hip-hop hot spot.
Then, Wall Lounge at the W South Beach will channel Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan.” It’s encouraged for all to come dressed as characters from the movie, from the atypical ballerina to her dark counterpart.
The music continues at LIV from dusk until dawn where DJ Sander Van Doorn will be celebrating the newest tracks from his recent album, “Eleve11.”
Miami’s most anticipated event, “Back in Black,” is in the heart of Midtown, where Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Erick Morillo, LA Riots, Patrick M, Bob Sinclair and others will join forces under a tent to present what Go Big Productions has dubbed “the largest dance music costume event in the U.S.”

SUNDAY

Finally, Avicii will wrap up the chaotic weekend at Mansion, known for its over-the-top Halloween bashes, alongside resident DJ Laurent Simeca and special guest Cassette.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...