Nightlife madness on Halloween weekend

Dressed as a 1960s Pan Am stewardess or a stylish adman from the scenes of “Mad Men,” your Halloween costume should be designed for the endless slew of late-night soirees headed for the Magic City this weekend.
Just last week, party-goers flocked to Miami Beach for a DJ-fueled kickoff at LIV with Dirty Harry, Bobby Burns, Quintino and heavy-hitter Afrojack each tearing up the stage. And this week, Miami once again proves to be the unrivaled destination for nightlife madness with an Ultra-like weekend lineup.

THURSDAY

Miami’s own DJ Irie of 99 Jamz will welcome the crowd at SET nightclub while Thomas Gold stirs things up at LIV, both giving a glimpse of what’s to come.

FRIDAY

Once again, LIV will deliver with a solo performance by Axwell, the third Swede behind Swedish House Mafia, the DJ trio that brought the One Night Stand at the Masquerade Motel to Miami last Halloween. If flying solo doesn’t appease his fans, rumors have circulated about his expected arrival at “Back in Black” on Saturday night.

SATURDAY

Saturday is the most promising night of them all. Arrive in Downtown and prepare to enter “The Twilight Zone,” but not the creepy one your grandparents know.
From the outdoor terrace to the indoor main room, the Twilight Zone at Club Space will be a mix of perfectly-synced strobe lights dancing to the sounds of DJs Boris and Louis Puig.
Over the causeway and onto South Beach, Club Play will welcome 10 of Maxim magazine’s most attractive models as they prepare to award $1,000 to the best-dressed patron at the hip-hop hot spot.
Then, Wall Lounge at the W South Beach will channel Natalie Portman’s “Black Swan.” It’s encouraged for all to come dressed as characters from the movie, from the atypical ballerina to her dark counterpart.
The music continues at LIV from dusk until dawn where DJ Sander Van Doorn will be celebrating the newest tracks from his recent album, “Eleve11.”
Miami’s most anticipated event, “Back in Black,” is in the heart of Midtown, where Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Erick Morillo, LA Riots, Patrick M, Bob Sinclair and others will join forces under a tent to present what Go Big Productions has dubbed “the largest dance music costume event in the U.S.”

SUNDAY

Finally, Avicii will wrap up the chaotic weekend at Mansion, known for its over-the-top Halloween bashes, alongside resident DJ Laurent Simeca and special guest Cassette.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...