News briefs 10/17

DONUTS FOR A CAUSE
Order Krispy Kreme donuts from the Office of the Controller to support United Way. To order, call 305-284-4656, or email rrichards@miami.edu or bpope@miami.edu. The donuts will be ready for pickup on the first floor of the Gables One Tower on Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m. One dozen donuts are $7.

HERBERT HOEDOWN
The first Herbert Hoedown will be held on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Wellness Center. DJ Kenny Henley from Davie’s Round Up will be playing all types of music, not just country. A bull-riding contest will also be a part of the evening’s events. The first 200 guests will receive giveaways.

FOOD TRUCK FRENZY
On Oct. 28 from 6 p.m. to midnight, local food trucks will once again park along Stanford Circle and offer freshly cooked, inexpensive meals. The event will kickoff the Homecoming opening ceremonies.
Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

Come join head coach Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes football program in the brand new Carol Sof ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...