News briefs 10/17

DONUTS FOR A CAUSE
Order Krispy Kreme donuts from the Office of the Controller to support United Way. To order, call 305-284-4656, or email rrichards@miami.edu or bpope@miami.edu. The donuts will be ready for pickup on the first floor of the Gables One Tower on Thursday from 8:30 to 10 a.m. One dozen donuts are $7.

HERBERT HOEDOWN
The first Herbert Hoedown will be held on Friday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Wellness Center. DJ Kenny Henley from Davie’s Round Up will be playing all types of music, not just country. A bull-riding contest will also be a part of the evening’s events. The first 200 guests will receive giveaways.

FOOD TRUCK FRENZY
On Oct. 28 from 6 p.m. to midnight, local food trucks will once again park along Stanford Circle and offer freshly cooked, inexpensive meals. The event will kickoff the Homecoming opening ceremonies.
Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...