Culture, Photo

Lowe Down

Local belly dance instructor and performer Portia Lange entertained the crowd with an authentic belly dance, known in Arabic as raqs sharqi, "dance of the east". he event, which is open to the public, features a different theme every month and includes lectures, gallery tours, hors d'oeuvres, wine and cocktails. Admission is $10 and free for Lowe members. This opening featured entertainment in the form of belly dancers from Belly Motions dance studio. Danielle Peloquin//The Miami Hurricane

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

With the launch of National Poetry Month, University of Miami faculty members celebrate the solace a ...

Interested in the arts? Check out this comprehensive list of digital arts-related content that is av ...

Rabbi Mendy Fellig and his wife, Henchi, from the Chabad Jewish Student Center, were among an unprec ...

University of Miami students are urged to take the President’s Coalition on Sexual Violence Preventi ...

The growing demand for online instruction has forced the fitness-center industry to quickly adapt an ...