News Briefs 10/6

HOMECOMING ROYALTY

If interested in the chance to be crowned king or queen, submit an application to the Department of Student Activities in UC209 before 5 p.m. on Friday. All registered students are eligible. For the preliminary round on Tuesday, each applicant will be expected to answer a question and give a two-minute dance, theater, vocal or instrumental performance.

For more information, contact the king and queen chairs: Daniel Beldy at dbeldy5@gmail.com, Sophianna Bishop at s.bishop3@umiami.edu or Niurka Monteserin at n.monteserin@umiami.edu.

LAUNCH PAD WINS

The Metro Broward Economic Development Corporation awarded The Launch Pad a grand prize and a $2,500 grant at the Metro Broward Lighthouse Awards, an event designed to highlight awareness of business development in South Florida.

The Launch Pad was recognized for being the first entrepreneur development center on a college campus, and for its commitment to recognizing innovative ideas.

CHANGE OF PLANS

The Homecoming concert, which was originally scheduled to take place at the University Green, will now be held at the BankUnited Center. Details to follow soon.

U.S. MARINE BAND

Students are invited to a free performance by the “President’s Own” United States Marine Band. The event will be held in the BankUnited Center on  Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the UC Information Desk. A valid Cane Card must be presented.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...