French High Club moves to Miami

Opening its French doors to the Miami playground, High Club has landed its notorious nightclub stateside.

A spin-off of the original nightclub on the French Riviera that packs its rooms with crowds of 2,000, High Club Miami offers a more “intimate, chic setting while maintaining all the same attitude and sex appeal.”

Located in Ocean Drive’s Casanova Suites Hotel, the club is distinctively situated right on the beach.

The original owners decided to import High Club Miami after they “fell in love with the beautiful people of this beautiful place,” said Mehdi Bessaa, one of the co-owners. “From there it only seemed natural to expand the nightclub to the city where everyone wants to be.”

Making good use of the most important rule of business, High Club is already enticing people with its central spot.

“It’s so close to all my favorite South Beach spots,” junior Jen Ramsden said. “The French DJs there look pretty cute too.”

Inside, the classic area of the club is adjoined by two separate, more upscale VIP areas which overlook the main floor’s disc jockey booth.

With resident DJs Axel Beca and Mike Andrea spinning their French touch on popular house music hits, patrons are sure to sip French champagne.

Senior Pedro Urbina is eager to visit the house music haven.

“French influence bringing hopes of nights filled with Mr. Oizo and endless sipping of their wide selection of champagne, but also mythical French smoke clouds?” Urbina said. “I dig the idea of digging my toes in the sand here.”

Open Thursday through Saturday, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., High Club hopes to eventually extend its hours of operation through Sunday, transforming into a gay club. Their next major event will be Friday with DJ Josh spinning.

Danielle Ungermann

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...