French High Club moves to Miami

Opening its French doors to the Miami playground, High Club has landed its notorious nightclub stateside.

A spin-off of the original nightclub on the French Riviera that packs its rooms with crowds of 2,000, High Club Miami offers a more “intimate, chic setting while maintaining all the same attitude and sex appeal.”

Located in Ocean Drive’s Casanova Suites Hotel, the club is distinctively situated right on the beach.

The original owners decided to import High Club Miami after they “fell in love with the beautiful people of this beautiful place,” said Mehdi Bessaa, one of the co-owners. “From there it only seemed natural to expand the nightclub to the city where everyone wants to be.”

Making good use of the most important rule of business, High Club is already enticing people with its central spot.

“It’s so close to all my favorite South Beach spots,” junior Jen Ramsden said. “The French DJs there look pretty cute too.”

Inside, the classic area of the club is adjoined by two separate, more upscale VIP areas which overlook the main floor’s disc jockey booth.

With resident DJs Axel Beca and Mike Andrea spinning their French touch on popular house music hits, patrons are sure to sip French champagne.

Senior Pedro Urbina is eager to visit the house music haven.

“French influence bringing hopes of nights filled with Mr. Oizo and endless sipping of their wide selection of champagne, but also mythical French smoke clouds?” Urbina said. “I dig the idea of digging my toes in the sand here.”

Open Thursday through Saturday, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., High Club hopes to eventually extend its hours of operation through Sunday, transforming into a gay club. Their next major event will be Friday with DJ Josh spinning.

Danielle Ungermann

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...