French High Club moves to Miami

Opening its French doors to the Miami playground, High Club has landed its notorious nightclub stateside.

A spin-off of the original nightclub on the French Riviera that packs its rooms with crowds of 2,000, High Club Miami offers a more “intimate, chic setting while maintaining all the same attitude and sex appeal.”

Located in Ocean Drive’s Casanova Suites Hotel, the club is distinctively situated right on the beach.

The original owners decided to import High Club Miami after they “fell in love with the beautiful people of this beautiful place,” said Mehdi Bessaa, one of the co-owners. “From there it only seemed natural to expand the nightclub to the city where everyone wants to be.”

Making good use of the most important rule of business, High Club is already enticing people with its central spot.

“It’s so close to all my favorite South Beach spots,” junior Jen Ramsden said. “The French DJs there look pretty cute too.”

Inside, the classic area of the club is adjoined by two separate, more upscale VIP areas which overlook the main floor’s disc jockey booth.

With resident DJs Axel Beca and Mike Andrea spinning their French touch on popular house music hits, patrons are sure to sip French champagne.

Senior Pedro Urbina is eager to visit the house music haven.

“French influence bringing hopes of nights filled with Mr. Oizo and endless sipping of their wide selection of champagne, but also mythical French smoke clouds?” Urbina said. “I dig the idea of digging my toes in the sand here.”

Open Thursday through Saturday, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., High Club hopes to eventually extend its hours of operation through Sunday, transforming into a gay club. Their next major event will be Friday with DJ Josh spinning.

Danielle Ungermann

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...