French High Club moves to Miami

Opening its French doors to the Miami playground, High Club has landed its notorious nightclub stateside.

A spin-off of the original nightclub on the French Riviera that packs its rooms with crowds of 2,000, High Club Miami offers a more “intimate, chic setting while maintaining all the same attitude and sex appeal.”

Located in Ocean Drive’s Casanova Suites Hotel, the club is distinctively situated right on the beach.

The original owners decided to import High Club Miami after they “fell in love with the beautiful people of this beautiful place,” said Mehdi Bessaa, one of the co-owners. “From there it only seemed natural to expand the nightclub to the city where everyone wants to be.”

Making good use of the most important rule of business, High Club is already enticing people with its central spot.

“It’s so close to all my favorite South Beach spots,” junior Jen Ramsden said. “The French DJs there look pretty cute too.”

Inside, the classic area of the club is adjoined by two separate, more upscale VIP areas which overlook the main floor’s disc jockey booth.

With resident DJs Axel Beca and Mike Andrea spinning their French touch on popular house music hits, patrons are sure to sip French champagne.

Senior Pedro Urbina is eager to visit the house music haven.

“French influence bringing hopes of nights filled with Mr. Oizo and endless sipping of their wide selection of champagne, but also mythical French smoke clouds?” Urbina said. “I dig the idea of digging my toes in the sand here.”

Open Thursday through Saturday, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., High Club hopes to eventually extend its hours of operation through Sunday, transforming into a gay club. Their next major event will be Friday with DJ Josh spinning.

Danielle Ungermann

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center’s 18,000-square-foot fitness room named in honor of Norm ...

University of Miami theatre arts students and faculty members come together for a whirlwind day to c ...

The #SuperCoralPlay campaign combines education and outreach with research and restoration efforts t ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Emily Becker is part of a dream team of scientists that will present it ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.