French High Club moves to Miami

Opening its French doors to the Miami playground, High Club has landed its notorious nightclub stateside.

A spin-off of the original nightclub on the French Riviera that packs its rooms with crowds of 2,000, High Club Miami offers a more “intimate, chic setting while maintaining all the same attitude and sex appeal.”

Located in Ocean Drive’s Casanova Suites Hotel, the club is distinctively situated right on the beach.

The original owners decided to import High Club Miami after they “fell in love with the beautiful people of this beautiful place,” said Mehdi Bessaa, one of the co-owners. “From there it only seemed natural to expand the nightclub to the city where everyone wants to be.”

Making good use of the most important rule of business, High Club is already enticing people with its central spot.

“It’s so close to all my favorite South Beach spots,” junior Jen Ramsden said. “The French DJs there look pretty cute too.”

Inside, the classic area of the club is adjoined by two separate, more upscale VIP areas which overlook the main floor’s disc jockey booth.

With resident DJs Axel Beca and Mike Andrea spinning their French touch on popular house music hits, patrons are sure to sip French champagne.

Senior Pedro Urbina is eager to visit the house music haven.

“French influence bringing hopes of nights filled with Mr. Oizo and endless sipping of their wide selection of champagne, but also mythical French smoke clouds?” Urbina said. “I dig the idea of digging my toes in the sand here.”

Open Thursday through Saturday, 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., High Club hopes to eventually extend its hours of operation through Sunday, transforming into a gay club. Their next major event will be Friday with DJ Josh spinning.

Danielle Ungermann

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...