10/3 News Briefs

Four-star rating

For the 11th consecutive year, UM received Charity Navigator’s four-star rating, their highest ranking. This means the university practices its overall mission in an ethical and financially responsible way, and is among the 1 percent of charities that have received the rating in 11 consecutive years.

‘Ae Fond Kiss’

On Thursday, there will be a free screening of “Ae Fond Kiss,” a film about the controversial relationship between lovers of different religious backgrounds. The movie will play from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Hecht Residential College Master’s Apartment 122.

To RSVP, email WGS@miami.edu. Seating is limited to 25.

U.S. Marine Band

As part of Festival Miami’s Creative American Music Series, the U.S. Marine Band will perform a special blend of traditional and contemporary pieces on campus. The performance will be on Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

Free tickets are available at the UC Information Desk with a valid Cane Card.

Etiquette dinner

The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs and the Toppel Career Center will be hosting an etiquette dinner on Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 room at the BankUnited Center. Students will have the opportunity to practice their networking skills as they dine with companies such as Aerotek, GE, Prudential and Target. Registration begins Monday. To register, visit HireACane.com and see the events page. Students will be able to select which table they sit at.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Zach Johnson is known for his fashion sense, and always has been since he led Miami Norland High to ...

Let’s fire everybody! And while we’re at it let’s fire the people who hired the people we just fired ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt, whose Hurricanes are in the midst of a four-game losing streak ...

The University of Miami’s interest in Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant apparently is m ...

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball is a member of the 2018-19 Citizen Naismith ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated Hartford, 75-62, Sunday afternoon at the Watsco Cent ...