10/3 News Briefs

Four-star rating

For the 11th consecutive year, UM received Charity Navigator’s four-star rating, their highest ranking. This means the university practices its overall mission in an ethical and financially responsible way, and is among the 1 percent of charities that have received the rating in 11 consecutive years.

‘Ae Fond Kiss’

On Thursday, there will be a free screening of “Ae Fond Kiss,” a film about the controversial relationship between lovers of different religious backgrounds. The movie will play from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Hecht Residential College Master’s Apartment 122.

To RSVP, email WGS@miami.edu. Seating is limited to 25.

U.S. Marine Band

As part of Festival Miami’s Creative American Music Series, the U.S. Marine Band will perform a special blend of traditional and contemporary pieces on campus. The performance will be on Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

Free tickets are available at the UC Information Desk with a valid Cane Card.

Etiquette dinner

The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs and the Toppel Career Center will be hosting an etiquette dinner on Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 room at the BankUnited Center. Students will have the opportunity to practice their networking skills as they dine with companies such as Aerotek, GE, Prudential and Target. Registration begins Monday. To register, visit HireACane.com and see the events page. Students will be able to select which table they sit at.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...