10/3 News Briefs

Four-star rating

For the 11th consecutive year, UM received Charity Navigator’s four-star rating, their highest ranking. This means the university practices its overall mission in an ethical and financially responsible way, and is among the 1 percent of charities that have received the rating in 11 consecutive years.

‘Ae Fond Kiss’

On Thursday, there will be a free screening of “Ae Fond Kiss,” a film about the controversial relationship between lovers of different religious backgrounds. The movie will play from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Hecht Residential College Master’s Apartment 122.

To RSVP, email WGS@miami.edu. Seating is limited to 25.

U.S. Marine Band

As part of Festival Miami’s Creative American Music Series, the U.S. Marine Band will perform a special blend of traditional and contemporary pieces on campus. The performance will be on Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the BankUnited Center.

Free tickets are available at the UC Information Desk with a valid Cane Card.

Etiquette dinner

The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs and the Toppel Career Center will be hosting an etiquette dinner on Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the Hurricane 100 room at the BankUnited Center. Students will have the opportunity to practice their networking skills as they dine with companies such as Aerotek, GE, Prudential and Target. Registration begins Monday. To register, visit HireACane.com and see the events page. Students will be able to select which table they sit at.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...