Sports briefs 9/29

Football
Kickoff for the game at Virginia Tech on Oct. 8 will be at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN/ABC. Miami will travel up to Blacksburg to try and end over a two-game losing streak against the Hokies. First, the Canes will close out their homestand this Saturday against Bethune-Cookman. The game can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.
Women’s Basketball
With the start of the season just over a month away, the women’s basketball team is starting to build up some preseason hype. After returning all the players from last year’s squad and adding some promising freshmen and transfer students, Miami is being considered a consensus top 10 team. The Canes’ highest preseason ranking is in Slam Magazine, where they are No. 4.
Volleyball
After shooting up a spot to the No. 20 position in the AVCA Poll, the Hurricanes volleyball team is preparing for a weekend homestand against ACC foes Wake Forest and Duke.
The Canes will take on the Demon Deacons on Friday at 7 p.m. Hurricane Force will be sponsoring a tailgate outside of the Knight Sports Complex beginning at 6 p.m. On Sunday, Miami will close out their homestand with a match against the Blue Devils at 1:30 p.m. Both games can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Soccer
Coming off two straight losses away to Duke and Wake Forest, the Hurricanes will look to start a new winning streak at home this week when they play host to N.C. State and North Carolina. The Wolfpack come into town to face the Canes on Thursday at 7 p.m. The Tar Heels will then make their appearance at Cobb Field on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...