Sports briefs 9/29

Football
Kickoff for the game at Virginia Tech on Oct. 8 will be at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN/ABC. Miami will travel up to Blacksburg to try and end over a two-game losing streak against the Hokies. First, the Canes will close out their homestand this Saturday against Bethune-Cookman. The game can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.
Women’s Basketball
With the start of the season just over a month away, the women’s basketball team is starting to build up some preseason hype. After returning all the players from last year’s squad and adding some promising freshmen and transfer students, Miami is being considered a consensus top 10 team. The Canes’ highest preseason ranking is in Slam Magazine, where they are No. 4.
Volleyball
After shooting up a spot to the No. 20 position in the AVCA Poll, the Hurricanes volleyball team is preparing for a weekend homestand against ACC foes Wake Forest and Duke.
The Canes will take on the Demon Deacons on Friday at 7 p.m. Hurricane Force will be sponsoring a tailgate outside of the Knight Sports Complex beginning at 6 p.m. On Sunday, Miami will close out their homestand with a match against the Blue Devils at 1:30 p.m. Both games can be heard live on 90.5 FM or wvum.org.

Soccer
Coming off two straight losses away to Duke and Wake Forest, the Hurricanes will look to start a new winning streak at home this week when they play host to N.C. State and North Carolina. The Wolfpack come into town to face the Canes on Thursday at 7 p.m. The Tar Heels will then make their appearance at Cobb Field on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Extremely involved and passionate about UM, she served as a trustee for 21 years, beginning in 1997. ...

The University of Miami’s emergency management team is working to create a disaster resilient Univer ...

University of Miami Police and the Department of Parking and Transportation provide various services ...

The number of students applying for Study Abroad has increased dramatically, with Europe being the m ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...