Sports Briefs 9/22

Football

The time for this weekend’s matchup between Miami and Kansas State has been announced. The two teams will kick off at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The gates to the stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. It was also announced that kickoff for the Canes and the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats has been set for 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, ending Miami’s three-game homestand.

After its initial success last week, the team has decided to make the Hurricane Walk a new tradition. Fans are encouraged to form a “human tunnel” from Gate H to Gate A two hours prior to kickoff.

Baseball

Volunteer assistant coach Roger Tomas has resigned from his position in order to pursue other career opportunities. Tomas played for the Canes from 2004-07, and came back as a volunteer to help the team before the 2010 season. The search for a new volunteer assistant will begin immediately.

Volleyball

After a week off, the Canes volleyball team will hit the road once again as they travel to Virginia for a pair of ACC matchups. First, they will face off against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Friday night at 7 p.m. After a day off, they will end the road trip by traveling to Charlottesville to take on Virginia at 12:30 p.m. The Canes will return home to take on the Duke Blue Devils on Sept. 30.

Soccer

Riding a seven-game winning streak, the Canes will head up to North Carolina this weekend to take on both Duke and Wake Forest. They will face off against the Blue Devils on Friday beginning at 7:05 p.m., with the Demon Deacons on slate for Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...