Sports Briefs 9/22

Football

The time for this weekend’s matchup between Miami and Kansas State has been announced. The two teams will kick off at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The gates to the stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. It was also announced that kickoff for the Canes and the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats has been set for 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 1, ending Miami’s three-game homestand.

After its initial success last week, the team has decided to make the Hurricane Walk a new tradition. Fans are encouraged to form a “human tunnel” from Gate H to Gate A two hours prior to kickoff.

Baseball

Volunteer assistant coach Roger Tomas has resigned from his position in order to pursue other career opportunities. Tomas played for the Canes from 2004-07, and came back as a volunteer to help the team before the 2010 season. The search for a new volunteer assistant will begin immediately.

Volleyball

After a week off, the Canes volleyball team will hit the road once again as they travel to Virginia for a pair of ACC matchups. First, they will face off against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Friday night at 7 p.m. After a day off, they will end the road trip by traveling to Charlottesville to take on Virginia at 12:30 p.m. The Canes will return home to take on the Duke Blue Devils on Sept. 30.

Soccer

Riding a seven-game winning streak, the Canes will head up to North Carolina this weekend to take on both Duke and Wake Forest. They will face off against the Blue Devils on Friday beginning at 7:05 p.m., with the Demon Deacons on slate for Sunday at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...