News Briefs 9/22

CPR Class

The Heart Saver CPR with AED class will be held on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The class will teach CPR, choking relief and barrier devices on all ages.

There will be an optional class for CPR and choking relief for infants, and for CPR with a mask for all ages.  The class costs $30 for student members, $35 for non-student members and $40 for non-members.

To register, call 305-284-5433 or visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite, which is in the Wellness Center.

CERT Session

The Canes Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be holding a session on Sept. 29 in UC237 at 7 p.m. CERT is UM’s student-led response team that trains its members for emergency drills by teaching them first aid, medical operations, victim assessment, fire suppression, and search and rescue.

For more information, visit their table in the Breezeway  on Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or visit  Stanford Residential College on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.

Network event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association (WWMA) on Wednesday at 5 p.m. in the Mahoney Residential College Master’s Apartment.

Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...