News Briefs 9/22

CPR Class

The Heart Saver CPR with AED class will be held on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The class will teach CPR, choking relief and barrier devices on all ages.

There will be an optional class for CPR and choking relief for infants, and for CPR with a mask for all ages.  The class costs $30 for student members, $35 for non-student members and $40 for non-members.

To register, call 305-284-5433 or visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite, which is in the Wellness Center.

CERT Session

The Canes Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be holding a session on Sept. 29 in UC237 at 7 p.m. CERT is UM’s student-led response team that trains its members for emergency drills by teaching them first aid, medical operations, victim assessment, fire suppression, and search and rescue.

For more information, visit their table in the Breezeway  on Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or visit  Stanford Residential College on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.

Network event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association (WWMA) on Wednesday at 5 p.m. in the Mahoney Residential College Master’s Apartment.

Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...