News Briefs 9/22

CPR Class

The Heart Saver CPR with AED class will be held on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The class will teach CPR, choking relief and barrier devices on all ages.

There will be an optional class for CPR and choking relief for infants, and for CPR with a mask for all ages.  The class costs $30 for student members, $35 for non-student members and $40 for non-members.

To register, call 305-284-5433 or visit the Wellness Enrichment Suite, which is in the Wellness Center.

CERT Session

The Canes Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be holding a session on Sept. 29 in UC237 at 7 p.m. CERT is UM’s student-led response team that trains its members for emergency drills by teaching them first aid, medical operations, victim assessment, fire suppression, and search and rescue.

For more information, visit their table in the Breezeway  on Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or visit  Stanford Residential College on Wednesday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.

Network event 

Network with members of the Woodson Williams Marshall Association (WWMA) on Wednesday at 5 p.m. in the Mahoney Residential College Master’s Apartment.

Dinner will be provided at the event. If interested, call 305-284-2855 for any questions or to RSVP. For more information, email multicultural.studentaffairs@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...