Multimedia, Photo

Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Eating Contest

Sagette Van Embden

Lucy Hansen and participants of the Thighs and Pies Annual Pie Contest, wait for Sean Reichert, the director of education for Slow Food Miami and Ivette Charlton a member of Slow Food Miami board of directors, to serve slices of each pie that were entered in the contest. The contest took place on Sept. 10 in Coconut Grove.  People were allowed to taste the pies before buying them. The event was organized by Slow Food Miami, and sponsored by Whole Foods Market.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...