News Briefs 9/12

PERUVIAN CUISINE

Learn to make ceviche, papas a la huancaina and alfajores with Chef Mercedes at the Wellness Center on Tuesday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The class is $20 for UM students and WC members; $25 for non-members. Register inside the Wellness Enrichment Suite or call 305-284-5433.

MEDITATE FOR FREE

For a short break from your daily routine, head to the Wellness Center for a free meditation class led by Lunthita Duthely, a follower of Sri Chinmoy teachings. The class is on Tuesday from 7:30 to 9 p.m. RSVP to 305-284-LIFE (5433).

RESUME CRITIQUE

The Toppel Career Center invites you to have your resume critiqued at Resumania. Stop by Toppel Monday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a printed copy of your resume to prepare for Career Expo, or any upcoming job or internship opportunities.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...