Photo

Honoring the victims of 9/11

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Students, faculty, family and friends gather at the Rock in honor of those who died as a result of the terrorist attacks. Jack Swerdloff, who joined the rescue team in New York to help with the aftermath of the attacks on 9/11, spoke at the ceremony. “We are American and we are free,” he said at the ceremony. Currently, Swerdloff works as a rescue manager for the Miami-Dade fire rescue team.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...