Sports briefs 9/12

SOCCER

After a weeklong break since the team’s double-overtime win against Florida Gulf Coast Tuesday, the Canes’ soccer team is set to return to the pitch Thursday night for their first ACC matchup of the year against the Clemson Tigers. Miami is currently 5-1 on the year heading into the matchup, with their only loss coming against the Florida Gators at the start off the season. The game can be viewed live at Cobb Field on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup between the Hurricanes and the Ohio State Buckeyes, the gates to Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. Although bus services will be transporting students, drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Any student interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the Wellness Center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

VOLLEYBALL

Following the team’s 3-1 win over the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday night, the Canes will travel to Tallahassee and take on No. 24 Florida State Wednesday night. The game is at 8 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN-U.

CROSS COUNTRY

The Hurricanes cross-country team competed this past weekend at the Bulls Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of South Florida. The men’s team finished second overall after a second place finish by sophomore Luke Fontaine. The women finished eighth overall. The team will be off until Sept.24, when they travel to Gainesville to take part in the Mountain Dew Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...