Sports briefs 9/12

SOCCER

After a weeklong break since the team’s double-overtime win against Florida Gulf Coast Tuesday, the Canes’ soccer team is set to return to the pitch Thursday night for their first ACC matchup of the year against the Clemson Tigers. Miami is currently 5-1 on the year heading into the matchup, with their only loss coming against the Florida Gators at the start off the season. The game can be viewed live at Cobb Field on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup between the Hurricanes and the Ohio State Buckeyes, the gates to Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. Although bus services will be transporting students, drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Any student interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the Wellness Center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

VOLLEYBALL

Following the team’s 3-1 win over the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday night, the Canes will travel to Tallahassee and take on No. 24 Florida State Wednesday night. The game is at 8 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN-U.

CROSS COUNTRY

The Hurricanes cross-country team competed this past weekend at the Bulls Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of South Florida. The men’s team finished second overall after a second place finish by sophomore Luke Fontaine. The women finished eighth overall. The team will be off until Sept.24, when they travel to Gainesville to take part in the Mountain Dew Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...

Head coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the ninth annual Miami Women's Basketball Fantasy Ca ...

The yearly Miami Fall Invite will take place Friday through Sunday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center, ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...