Sports briefs 9/12

SOCCER

After a weeklong break since the team’s double-overtime win against Florida Gulf Coast Tuesday, the Canes’ soccer team is set to return to the pitch Thursday night for their first ACC matchup of the year against the Clemson Tigers. Miami is currently 5-1 on the year heading into the matchup, with their only loss coming against the Florida Gators at the start off the season. The game can be viewed live at Cobb Field on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup between the Hurricanes and the Ohio State Buckeyes, the gates to Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. Although bus services will be transporting students, drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Any student interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the Wellness Center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

VOLLEYBALL

Following the team’s 3-1 win over the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday night, the Canes will travel to Tallahassee and take on No. 24 Florida State Wednesday night. The game is at 8 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN-U.

CROSS COUNTRY

The Hurricanes cross-country team competed this past weekend at the Bulls Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of South Florida. The men’s team finished second overall after a second place finish by sophomore Luke Fontaine. The women finished eighth overall. The team will be off until Sept.24, when they travel to Gainesville to take part in the Mountain Dew Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...