Sports briefs 9/12

SOCCER

After a weeklong break since the team’s double-overtime win against Florida Gulf Coast Tuesday, the Canes’ soccer team is set to return to the pitch Thursday night for their first ACC matchup of the year against the Clemson Tigers. Miami is currently 5-1 on the year heading into the matchup, with their only loss coming against the Florida Gators at the start off the season. The game can be viewed live at Cobb Field on Thursday evening at 7 p.m.

FOOTBALL

For Saturday’s 7:30 p.m. matchup between the Hurricanes and the Ohio State Buckeyes, the gates to Sun Life Stadium will open at 2 p.m. Although bus services will be transporting students, drivers will be charged $25 for parking. Any student interested in purchasing a season-long parking pass may purchase them at the UC Information desk, the membership office at the Wellness Center or the Hecht Athletic Center for $70.

VOLLEYBALL

Following the team’s 3-1 win over the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday night, the Canes will travel to Tallahassee and take on No. 24 Florida State Wednesday night. The game is at 8 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN-U.

CROSS COUNTRY

The Hurricanes cross-country team competed this past weekend at the Bulls Cross Country Invitational hosted by the University of South Florida. The men’s team finished second overall after a second place finish by sophomore Luke Fontaine. The women finished eighth overall. The team will be off until Sept.24, when they travel to Gainesville to take part in the Mountain Dew Invitational.

Ernesto Suarez may be contacted at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...