V's Take

Dear V: Two heads may be better than one…

I started to like this girl whom I’m very close to. Unfortunately, I’m reluctant to seriously date her. You see, the problem is there is another girl who my heart belongs to, or at least used to. I’m afraid that if I see the two side-by-side – which is very likely, seeing as they will be both be in attendance at my events – I will “cheat” on the girl I want to ask out now with the girl I used to love nearby. I don’t want to do wrong by this new girl and I certainly want to be with her, but I fear my own actions.

Sincerely,

Stuck in a Rut

Dear Hugh Hefner,

What are your “events?” Are these frat parties, student activities or are you opening up for Sinbad at The Apollo? I guess it doesn’t matter. Anyway, I can understand your conundrum, and, since this isn’t 1850 and you aren’t Brigham Young, you’re going to have to make a choice.

First off, which girl likes you more – in other words, which one is more likely to go out of her way to spend time with you? If you still don’t know the answer, text both of them at the same time with the same text and see which one replies first. Yes, there are variables which may interfere with their ability to text back, but think of it as divine providence.

This choice is never easy to make and it isn’t easy to give advice for. Ask people who know both of them which one they think is a better match for you, how am I supposed to know?

I know your preferences and these girls’ personalities about as well as Washington knows how to come up with a federal budget (although I can tell you that any girl is probably going to raise your debt ceiling). As long as you’re not committed to either, you’re not cheating on anyone; you’re just trying to figure out what’s best for you. If either one of them cared about you, they would recognize that.

As far as “fearing [your]actions” goes, I wouldn’t worry much about it. If Charlie Sheen doesn’t fear any of his actions, then you certainly shouldn’t. I would imagine you’re not railing blow out of stripper cleavage.

If you like the new girl, go with her. If that leads to you becoming ritually unclean, then so be it, but at least try to have some willpower.

Anyway, figure it out, Fonzie. You have two girls that you can pick from, think of how many poor schmucks don’t have any (Carrot Top). If you still can’t make a decision then take them both and move to Waco, Texas, just don’t let the ATF or the FBI find out.

Send me a video of the impending catfight (better be in HD),

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...