News Briefs 9/8

Health Fair

Free health screenings and information on employment opportunities and training will be offered at UM’s new Life Science & Technology Park on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Remembering 9/11

Marking the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks, the UM community will honor the lives of the victims of the attacks in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. A ceremony will be held at the Rock on Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

CNN Anchor at UM

CNN anchor and correspondent Soledad O’Brien will speak and screen portions of her latest documentary, “In Her Corner: Latino in America” on Monday at 7 p.m. in the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse. The event is free and open to the UM community.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...