News Briefs 9/8

Health Fair

Free health screenings and information on employment opportunities and training will be offered at UM’s new Life Science & Technology Park on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Remembering 9/11

Marking the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks, the UM community will honor the lives of the victims of the attacks in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. A ceremony will be held at the Rock on Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

CNN Anchor at UM

CNN anchor and correspondent Soledad O’Brien will speak and screen portions of her latest documentary, “In Her Corner: Latino in America” on Monday at 7 p.m. in the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse. The event is free and open to the UM community.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

View photos from the Bethune-Cookman wildcats at Miami Hurricanes in a NCAA college basketball game ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...