News Briefs 9/8

Health Fair

Free health screenings and information on employment opportunities and training will be offered at UM’s new Life Science & Technology Park on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Remembering 9/11

Marking the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks, the UM community will honor the lives of the victims of the attacks in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. A ceremony will be held at the Rock on Sunday at 7:30 p.m.

CNN Anchor at UM

CNN anchor and correspondent Soledad O’Brien will speak and screen portions of her latest documentary, “In Her Corner: Latino in America” on Monday at 7 p.m. in the BankUnited Center Fieldhouse. The event is free and open to the UM community.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The University of Miami women's swimming team put together 14 lifetime bests Saturday at its an ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

Despite earning the doubles point, the No. 15 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision ...