News Briefs: 8/25

Open Positions Now Available

COSO

The Committee On Student Organizations (COSO) is accepting applications for Organization Registration Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Constitutional Review, Member at Large and Freshman Member at Large. COSO assists all student organizations, and hosts large events like Canefest and the spring involvement fair. Applications are available at the Smith Tucker Involvement Center (STIC), in UC 209, and are due Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. in the same location. For more information, contact Coral Millican at COSO_chair@miami.edu.

SAFAC

Freshmen and sophomore delegate positions are now open on the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC). SAFAC is responsible for determining how much funding is awarded to each registered student organization. To apply, contact the SAFAC Chair Phil Sookram at safac@miami.edu, or visit miami.edu/student-activities.

HEC

The Homecoming Executive Committee (HEC) is seeking transfer and freshmen students to help with this year’s homecoming festivities. Members are required to plan and attend the events. For more information, visit miami.edu/homecoming.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...