News Briefs: 8/25

Open Positions Now Available

COSO

The Committee On Student Organizations (COSO) is accepting applications for Organization Registration Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Constitutional Review, Member at Large and Freshman Member at Large. COSO assists all student organizations, and hosts large events like Canefest and the spring involvement fair. Applications are available at the Smith Tucker Involvement Center (STIC), in UC 209, and are due Sept. 9 at 5 p.m. in the same location. For more information, contact Coral Millican at COSO_chair@miami.edu.

SAFAC

Freshmen and sophomore delegate positions are now open on the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC). SAFAC is responsible for determining how much funding is awarded to each registered student organization. To apply, contact the SAFAC Chair Phil Sookram at safac@miami.edu, or visit miami.edu/student-activities.

HEC

The Homecoming Executive Committee (HEC) is seeking transfer and freshmen students to help with this year’s homecoming festivities. Members are required to plan and attend the events. For more information, visit miami.edu/homecoming.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com.

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...