News Briefs 8/22

Satisfying driving needs on campus

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Mini-Flow (Florida Licensing On Wheels) will be renewing vehicle registrations and renewing, replacing, exchanging or receiving new Florida State Driver’s Licenses this week. Written exams and driving tests will not be offered. Appointments are not necessary.

Mini-Flow will be in the first-floor lounge of the University Center from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.

For more information, visit miami.edu/police.

Fall 2011 academic schedule

Wednesday – Classes begin

Sept. 2 – Last day to register for or add a class

Sept. 9 – Last day to drop a course without a “W”

Oct. 17 – Last day to apply for graduation

Oct. 28 – Last day to drop a course

Student Employment Fair

The Student Employment Fair will be held Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. Offices on campus looking to hire will be on-site, including Whitten University Center, Calling Canes, Athletics Facilities, UM Libraries and Dining Services. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume and your class schedule.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...