News Briefs 8/22

Satisfying driving needs on campus

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Mini-Flow (Florida Licensing On Wheels) will be renewing vehicle registrations and renewing, replacing, exchanging or receiving new Florida State Driver’s Licenses this week. Written exams and driving tests will not be offered. Appointments are not necessary.

Mini-Flow will be in the first-floor lounge of the University Center from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.

For more information, visit miami.edu/police.

Fall 2011 academic schedule

Wednesday – Classes begin

Sept. 2 – Last day to register for or add a class

Sept. 9 – Last day to drop a course without a “W”

Oct. 17 – Last day to apply for graduation

Oct. 28 – Last day to drop a course

Student Employment Fair

The Student Employment Fair will be held Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the UC Lower Lounge. Offices on campus looking to hire will be on-site, including Whitten University Center, Calling Canes, Athletics Facilities, UM Libraries and Dining Services. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume and your class schedule.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...