Curb cravings with website

Ever get home from the Grove absolutely starving and realize the fridge is empty? Or finish pulling an all-nighter in Richter, only to feel the stomach grumbles around 2 a.m.? Eat24Hours.com has the answer to all of your late-night (or anytime) needs.

“I wish I would have known about this freshman year!” senior Kate Varnum said. “My friends and I definitely would have used it.”

Eat24Hours.com is a fast and easy online food ordering service that simplifies the ordering process at school, work and at home. Simply type in an address, select a type of cuisine and start ordering- after all it is free to use.

“You don’t pay extra, you just create an account and only the restaurants that deliver directly to you will come up,” said Eat24Hours.com customer support manager, Aubrey Erez.

Participating restaurants offer discount coupons for orders placed through Eat24Hours.com.

“The prices on the restaurant menu are the same, but you get to use a coupon that you wouldn’t get if you actually went and sat at the restaurant,” Erez said.

For example, ordering $20 of sushi may get a free California roll, or ordering two large pizzas may get a free two-liter of soda.

Eat24Hours.com saves favorite orders for future use, and also allows for the customer to order ahead and specify a later preparation time- perfect for those always in a hurry.

“I don’t have to go through the phonebook to find out if they are still delivering,” senior Kendall Bajek said.  “It is convenient that I don’t have to call and end up getting a voicemail.”

Have a question? Just use the live chat function on the website, where a 24-hour customer service representative is available to help.

Eat24Hours.com services more than 400 cities nationwide and lists more than 5,000 different restaurants. The site plans to launch an iPhone, BlackBerry and Android application in the near future.

“The goal is to be global eventually, and to be the best in customer service,” Erez said.  “We always want to hear from our customers and improve the website.”

June 17, 2011

Samantha Hickey

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...