Curb cravings with website

Ever get home from the Grove absolutely starving and realize the fridge is empty? Or finish pulling an all-nighter in Richter, only to feel the stomach grumbles around 2 a.m.? Eat24Hours.com has the answer to all of your late-night (or anytime) needs.

“I wish I would have known about this freshman year!” senior Kate Varnum said. “My friends and I definitely would have used it.”

Eat24Hours.com is a fast and easy online food ordering service that simplifies the ordering process at school, work and at home. Simply type in an address, select a type of cuisine and start ordering- after all it is free to use.

“You don’t pay extra, you just create an account and only the restaurants that deliver directly to you will come up,” said Eat24Hours.com customer support manager, Aubrey Erez.

Participating restaurants offer discount coupons for orders placed through Eat24Hours.com.

“The prices on the restaurant menu are the same, but you get to use a coupon that you wouldn’t get if you actually went and sat at the restaurant,” Erez said.

For example, ordering $20 of sushi may get a free California roll, or ordering two large pizzas may get a free two-liter of soda.

Eat24Hours.com saves favorite orders for future use, and also allows for the customer to order ahead and specify a later preparation time- perfect for those always in a hurry.

“I don’t have to go through the phonebook to find out if they are still delivering,” senior Kendall Bajek said.  “It is convenient that I don’t have to call and end up getting a voicemail.”

Have a question? Just use the live chat function on the website, where a 24-hour customer service representative is available to help.

Eat24Hours.com services more than 400 cities nationwide and lists more than 5,000 different restaurants. The site plans to launch an iPhone, BlackBerry and Android application in the near future.

“The goal is to be global eventually, and to be the best in customer service,” Erez said.  “We always want to hear from our customers and improve the website.”

June 17, 2011

Samantha Hickey

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...