Gameday Gear: All about wearing the right colors to represent the U

It’s that time again: break out the scissors, body glitters and paint, the first home game of the season is right around the corner and it’s all about the gear. Turn these top five trends into your go-to game day style.

1. Army Fatigues – Have one of this fall’s hottest trends be your game day garb. This statement style alludes to the hey-day of Hurricane sports when our players showed up to the ’87 Fiesta Bowl looking more like infantrymen than athletes. Whether shorts, leggings, or a camouflaged cap, army print will take your look to a whole ‘nother level.

2. Shredded and shorn – The most classic way to get ready for the game is to whip out the scissors and cut your way to a picture (pitcher) perfect ensemble. Whether sliced at the sides, shredded over your midriff, or cut into a makeshift tube dress, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your school tees into wearable works of art.

3. Orange, green and (don’t forget the) white – It’s not Labor Day yet, so break out the white shorts while your legs are still tan. This is also the only time when you can wear tube socks in public without looking like a cracked-out Girls Next Door wannabe.

4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – Beads, bands, and bangles galore – just make sure they’re in our colors. Body paint at your own discretion but if you can’t glitter like the glitter girls, you might as well not glitter at all.

5. Cool kicks – Last but not least, let’s talk about your feet. Bust out the high topped, candy-colored Nikes or sequin Keds you’ve been hiding in your closet all summer. Converse and distressed cowboy boots are also welcome. Life’s too short for brown flip-flops, anyway.

June 5, 2011

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...