Business administration dean announced

The School of Business Administration announced that Eugene W. Anderson would be assuming the role of dean on August 1.

A marketing specialist, Anderson previously served for than twenty years at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business as a professor of marketing and as a senior associate dean for academic affairs

Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

During his time at the University of Michigan, Anderson proved key in establishing the School of Business’s Executive MBA program and served as the first academic director. He also revitalized the University of Michigan’s Non-Profit Management Center and oversaw the School of Business’s various joint degree programs.

He also played a role in the creation of three new degree programs and a degree program that would allow MBA students to craft their own dual degree program. More recently, he aided in the creation of a new joint degree program called the Master’s of Entrepreneurship Degree.

Interim dean Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa will continue to the head the school until Anderson assumes his new position.

Barbara E. Kahn, the former dean, returned to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to serve as the Director of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and as the Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 19, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...