Business administration dean announced

The School of Business Administration announced that Eugene W. Anderson would be assuming the role of dean on August 1.

A marketing specialist, Anderson previously served for than twenty years at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business as a professor of marketing and as a senior associate dean for academic affairs

Prior to that, he earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a doctorate degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.

During his time at the University of Michigan, Anderson proved key in establishing the School of Business’s Executive MBA program and served as the first academic director. He also revitalized the University of Michigan’s Non-Profit Management Center and oversaw the School of Business’s various joint degree programs.

He also played a role in the creation of three new degree programs and a degree program that would allow MBA students to craft their own dual degree program. More recently, he aided in the creation of a new joint degree program called the Master’s of Entrepreneurship Degree.

Interim dean Frances Aldrich Sevilla-Sacasa will continue to the head the school until Anderson assumes his new position.

Barbara E. Kahn, the former dean, returned to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to serve as the Director of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center and as the Patty and Jay H. Baker Professor of Marketing.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 19, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...