Race to raise awareness about ongoing suffering in Haiti

This Sunday, enjoy a walk for those who can’t.

Project Medishare will be hosting their first Run for Relief 5K this Sunday in Coconut Grove. All proceeds will go to Project Medishare for Haiti.

“We hope to raise awareness in the community that, even over a year later since the earthquake, the people of Haiti are still suffering and need our help,” said Kathy Falter, a Project Medishare rehabilitation administrator in an e-mail interview.

Project Medishare for Haiti Inc., was founded by Miller School of Medicine professors Dr. Barth Green and Dr. Arthur Fournier in 1994. They were among the first responders after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and established the  first trauma and rehabilitation hospital in the country.

Sunday’s event will start and finish in Peacock Park on McFarlane Road. There will be an award ceremony and entertainment following the race.

For more information and to register visit runforrelief5k.org. visit, runforrelief5k.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 13, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...