Race to raise awareness about ongoing suffering in Haiti

This Sunday, enjoy a walk for those who can’t.

Project Medishare will be hosting their first Run for Relief 5K this Sunday in Coconut Grove. All proceeds will go to Project Medishare for Haiti.

“We hope to raise awareness in the community that, even over a year later since the earthquake, the people of Haiti are still suffering and need our help,” said Kathy Falter, a Project Medishare rehabilitation administrator in an e-mail interview.

Project Medishare for Haiti Inc., was founded by Miller School of Medicine professors Dr. Barth Green and Dr. Arthur Fournier in 1994. They were among the first responders after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti and established the  first trauma and rehabilitation hospital in the country.

Sunday’s event will start and finish in Peacock Park on McFarlane Road. There will be an award ceremony and entertainment following the race.

For more information and to register visit runforrelief5k.org. visit, runforrelief5k.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

May 13, 2011

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...