News Briefs 4/28

Fun Day 2012 Chair Apps due Friday
Applications to be the 2012 Fun Day Sponsorship Chair are now available. Fun Day is an annual day of games held to entertain and celebrate the accomplishments of those with intellectual disabilities of all ages.  Applications are due in UC 240 by 5 p.m. on Friday.
celebrating Finals Fiesta on the rock
For a fun and relaxing night, Multicultural Student Affairs and Canes Night Live will host the annual Finals Fiesta on Friday at 4 p.m. on the UC Rock.  A volleyball net and Robo Surfer will be among the many games and activities students can choose to participate in.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Richter library
Open 24 hours a day until May 10.

Starbucks
Saturday – Sunday from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – May 5 from 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.

Dining halls
May 6 – May 8 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
May 9 – May 11 from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Wellness Center
Saturday – Sunday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Monday – May 6 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
May 7 and 8 from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
May 9 – May 13 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...