News Briefs 4/28

Fun Day 2012 Chair Apps due Friday
Applications to be the 2012 Fun Day Sponsorship Chair are now available. Fun Day is an annual day of games held to entertain and celebrate the accomplishments of those with intellectual disabilities of all ages.  Applications are due in UC 240 by 5 p.m. on Friday.
celebrating Finals Fiesta on the rock
For a fun and relaxing night, Multicultural Student Affairs and Canes Night Live will host the annual Finals Fiesta on Friday at 4 p.m. on the UC Rock.  A volleyball net and Robo Surfer will be among the many games and activities students can choose to participate in.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Richter library
Open 24 hours a day until May 10.

Starbucks
Saturday – Sunday from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – May 5 from 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.

Dining halls
May 6 – May 8 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
May 9 – May 11 from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Wellness Center
Saturday – Sunday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Monday – May 6 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
May 7 and 8 from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
May 9 – May 13 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The life of a fullback isn’t always glamorous, even 15 years ago before the position was essentially ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is the ITA Southeast Region Arthur Ashe ...