News Briefs 4/28

Fun Day 2012 Chair Apps due Friday
Applications to be the 2012 Fun Day Sponsorship Chair are now available. Fun Day is an annual day of games held to entertain and celebrate the accomplishments of those with intellectual disabilities of all ages.  Applications are due in UC 240 by 5 p.m. on Friday.
celebrating Finals Fiesta on the rock
For a fun and relaxing night, Multicultural Student Affairs and Canes Night Live will host the annual Finals Fiesta on Friday at 4 p.m. on the UC Rock.  A volleyball net and Robo Surfer will be among the many games and activities students can choose to participate in.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Richter library
Open 24 hours a day until May 10.

Starbucks
Saturday – Sunday from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – May 5 from 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.

Dining halls
May 6 – May 8 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
May 9 – May 11 from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Wellness Center
Saturday – Sunday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Monday – May 6 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
May 7 and 8 from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
May 9 – May 13 from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Jonathan Borge may be contacted at jborge@themiamihurricane.com

Jonathan Borge

Assistant News Editor

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...