Sports Briefs 4/25

Mens Basketball

The University of Miami hired George Mason’s Jim Larranaga as the new head coach for the basketball program. Larranaga leaves George Mason after a 14 year tenure where he reached the NCAA Tournament five times, including a run to the Final Four back in 2006. He takes over a team that returns all but one of its players from last year, with Adrian Thomas the only graduating senior.

Baseball

Former Cane Ryan Braun has agreed to a five year, 105 million dollar extension to remain with the Milwaukee Brewers that will keep him in a Brewers uniform until 2020.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...