Sports Briefs 4/25

Mens Basketball

The University of Miami hired George Mason’s Jim Larranaga as the new head coach for the basketball program. Larranaga leaves George Mason after a 14 year tenure where he reached the NCAA Tournament five times, including a run to the Final Four back in 2006. He takes over a team that returns all but one of its players from last year, with Adrian Thomas the only graduating senior.

Baseball

Former Cane Ryan Braun has agreed to a five year, 105 million dollar extension to remain with the Milwaukee Brewers that will keep him in a Brewers uniform until 2020.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...