Sports Briefs 4/25

Mens Basketball

The University of Miami hired George Mason’s Jim Larranaga as the new head coach for the basketball program. Larranaga leaves George Mason after a 14 year tenure where he reached the NCAA Tournament five times, including a run to the Final Four back in 2006. He takes over a team that returns all but one of its players from last year, with Adrian Thomas the only graduating senior.

Baseball

Former Cane Ryan Braun has agreed to a five year, 105 million dollar extension to remain with the Milwaukee Brewers that will keep him in a Brewers uniform until 2020.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...