Sports Briefs 4/25

Mens Basketball

The University of Miami hired George Mason’s Jim Larranaga as the new head coach for the basketball program. Larranaga leaves George Mason after a 14 year tenure where he reached the NCAA Tournament five times, including a run to the Final Four back in 2006. He takes over a team that returns all but one of its players from last year, with Adrian Thomas the only graduating senior.

Baseball

Former Cane Ryan Braun has agreed to a five year, 105 million dollar extension to remain with the Milwaukee Brewers that will keep him in a Brewers uniform until 2020.

Darci Miller may be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...