Earth Day destinations

Looking to surround yourself with fellow tree huggers and go green for Earth Day? There are plenty of ways to celebrate around Miami this weekend.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden will offer free admission on Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Local food trucks, including “gastroPod,” “MexZican Gourmet” and “Dolci Peccati Gelato,” will be on the grounds, and at 11 a.m. Rina Yoga will hold a free class in Fairchild’s Garden House.

Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is located at 10901 Old Cutler Rd. For more information, visit fairchildgarden.org.

South Miami

The South Miami farmers’ market at City Hall will add several Earth Day events on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Green products and food grown by local farmers will be on sale, and experts on energy efficiency, gardening and recycling will be available to offer advice.

The farmer’s market will be held at 6130 Sunset Dr.

Palms Hotel

Head to the Palms Hotel on Saturday at 4 p.m. for their first “Shoreline Social,” a beach cleanup between 29th and 32nd Street. The Palms is a part of the City of Miami Beach’s Adopt-A-Beach program. Following the two-hour cleanup, enjoy poolside cocktails and snacks at the hotel. Guests must be 21 and older.

To sign up for the event, email tmorariu@thepalmshotel.com. The Palms Hotel is located at 3025 Collins Ave. Volunteers should meet at the Tiki Cabanas in the Palms’ tropical garden.

EVOS

EVOS, dubbed the “Greenest Burger Chain in America” by greenopia.com three years in a row, will be offering free organic milkshakes to their customers on Friday. Their menu, which promotes sustainability, includes burgers, wraps, salads and “airfries,” which are baked rather than deep-fried.

EVOS is located on 9537 S. Dixie Highway in the Dadeland Plaza shopping center.

Spencer Dandes may be contacted at sdandes@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...