Sports briefs 4/21

Tennis

The men’s team has earned the No.4 seed in the ACC Championship tournament, which takes place on April 21-24 in Cary, N.C. The top four seeded teams have a first-round bye, and begin play on the April 22. Miami will face the winner of Georgia Tech/Boston College on Friday at 9 a.m. The women’s team earned the No.3 seed in their tournament, which gives them a first-round bye as well. They first take the court on Friday at 3 p.m. against the winner of Clemson/Virginia Tech.

Rowing

Miami is competing in the ACC Championship, held in Clemson, S.C. The event takes place on Saturday, April 23 at 9 a.m.

Track and Field

The No.21 Hurricanes are traveling to Durham, N.C. to take part in the ACC Championships. The competition takes place from April 21-23, with events happening all day.

Senior Ti’erra Brown was named the ACC Performer of the Week on Tuesday after winning the 100m hurdles at the Hurricane Invitational over the weekend. It is the second time in her career that she earns the honor.

Football

Head coach Al Golden released the final depth chart for the spring on Monday afternoon. Among notable position battles, both Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris have been placed at the top of the depth chart at quarterback, signifying there has been no clear cut decision made yet. Freshman Malcolm Bunche has also been placed ahead of Seantrel Henderson at left tackle.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...