News Briefs 4/21

BUC parking lot closed
Lot 434-N located behind the BankUnited Center (facing the Hecht towers) will be closed until April 28 in order to accommodate a special event.

go green on the rock
On Earth Day, the Rock is going green with a concert featuring local bands. Telekinetic Walrus, the Cornerstoners and Pride of Ions will be performing Friday from 7 p.m. to midnight.

S.T.R.I.V.E. app due thursday
Applications are currently available for the S.T.R.I.V.E. (Serving Together Reaching Integrity Values & Engagement) special interest housing community in Eaton Residential College. S.T.R.I.V.E. members create and plan service days, participate in leadership development and are matched as mentors for freshmen members. Applications must be returned to the Butler Service and Leadership Center (UC 240) by Thursday at 5 p.m. E-mail umstrive@gmail.com for more information.

Lindsay Brown may be contacted at lbrown@themiamihurricane.com.

Lindsay Brown

News Editor

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...

University of Miami researchers applaud the scientific inquiry and access to reliable data that accompanies the legalization of cannabis—as four more states recently approved measures, and federal legislation to decriminalize it continues to progress. ...

The prestigious Pan American Art Projects Gallery will donate 25 percent of a virtual, live event to the University Libraries’ parcel. ...

Members of the University of Miami community share their ideas on how to persevere during the pandemic. ...

University and celebrity musicians will participate in a benefit concert on Thanksgiving Day to support the nonprofit organization Nurse Heroes Foundation. ...