News Briefs 4/21

BUC parking lot closed
Lot 434-N located behind the BankUnited Center (facing the Hecht towers) will be closed until April 28 in order to accommodate a special event.

go green on the rock
On Earth Day, the Rock is going green with a concert featuring local bands. Telekinetic Walrus, the Cornerstoners and Pride of Ions will be performing Friday from 7 p.m. to midnight.

S.T.R.I.V.E. app due thursday
Applications are currently available for the S.T.R.I.V.E. (Serving Together Reaching Integrity Values & Engagement) special interest housing community in Eaton Residential College. S.T.R.I.V.E. members create and plan service days, participate in leadership development and are matched as mentors for freshmen members. Applications must be returned to the Butler Service and Leadership Center (UC 240) by Thursday at 5 p.m. E-mail umstrive@gmail.com for more information.

Lindsay Brown may be contacted at lbrown@themiamihurricane.com.

Lindsay Brown

News Editor

For the first time since Mark Richt benched N’Kosi Perry for Malik Rosier in the Miami Hurricanes’ l ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ offense has struggled for about a month now and Saturday there was no bigger c ...

Thoughts and postscripts after UM’s 27-21 loss at Georgia Tech on Saturday: ▪ If Mark Richt intends ...

The Miami Hurricanes have spiraled into a deep dive, with little time left to surface for air. In a ...

When Jack Spicer first booted away a 38-yard punt early in the second quarter against the Georgia Te ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The 2018 midterm election shifts the balance of power in Congress, with women playing a huge role. ...

UM alumna, one-time Miami Dolphins cheerleader, and National Geographic explorer Mireya Mayor lives ...

The “It’s On Us” Student Ambassador Program empowers peers to overcome sexual misconduct and gender ...

The Hurricanes advance to the Preseason WNIT semifinals. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team fell to North Carolina, 3-1, on Veteran's Day at Carmic ...

The No. 25/24 Miami women's basketball team will resume play in the Preseason WNIT Sunday after ...

The Hurricanes fall to Georgia Tech in Atlanta Saturday night. ...

Freshmen Franco Aubone and Kaya Gore of the University of Miami men's tennis team captured a do ...