News Briefs 4/21

BUC parking lot closed
Lot 434-N located behind the BankUnited Center (facing the Hecht towers) will be closed until April 28 in order to accommodate a special event.

go green on the rock
On Earth Day, the Rock is going green with a concert featuring local bands. Telekinetic Walrus, the Cornerstoners and Pride of Ions will be performing Friday from 7 p.m. to midnight.

S.T.R.I.V.E. app due thursday
Applications are currently available for the S.T.R.I.V.E. (Serving Together Reaching Integrity Values & Engagement) special interest housing community in Eaton Residential College. S.T.R.I.V.E. members create and plan service days, participate in leadership development and are matched as mentors for freshmen members. Applications must be returned to the Butler Service and Leadership Center (UC 240) by Thursday at 5 p.m. E-mail umstrive@gmail.com for more information.

Lindsay Brown may be contacted at lbrown@themiamihurricane.com.

Lindsay Brown

News Editor

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...