News Briefs 4/21

BUC parking lot closed
Lot 434-N located behind the BankUnited Center (facing the Hecht towers) will be closed until April 28 in order to accommodate a special event.

go green on the rock
On Earth Day, the Rock is going green with a concert featuring local bands. Telekinetic Walrus, the Cornerstoners and Pride of Ions will be performing Friday from 7 p.m. to midnight.

S.T.R.I.V.E. app due thursday
Applications are currently available for the S.T.R.I.V.E. (Serving Together Reaching Integrity Values & Engagement) special interest housing community in Eaton Residential College. S.T.R.I.V.E. members create and plan service days, participate in leadership development and are matched as mentors for freshmen members. Applications must be returned to the Butler Service and Leadership Center (UC 240) by Thursday at 5 p.m. E-mail umstrive@gmail.com for more information.

Lindsay Brown may be contacted at lbrown@themiamihurricane.com.

Lindsay Brown

News Editor

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...