Sports briefs 4/18

Track and field

UM hosted its final home meet of the 2011 season on Saturday, the Hurricane Alumni Invitational. Despite a two-hour rain delay in the afternoon, the Hurricanes earned 28 top 10 finishes. In her final home meet as a Hurricane, Ti’erra Brown finished first in the women’s 100m hurdles. Devon Hill finished second in both the men’s 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles. Former Cane and National Champion Lauryn Williams won the 200m dash. Miami will next travel to Durham, N.C., for the ACC Championships on Thursday-Saturday.

Men’s tennis

The Hurricanes headed up to Durham, N.C., to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the regular season finale on Sunday afternoon. The Canes won two out of three doubles matches to secure the doubles point, but were unable to do much else as the Blue Devils won five out of the six singles matches to take the overall win, 5-2. Miami will now prepare for the ACC Tournament set to kick off starting on Thursday.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...