News Briefs 4/14

Up ‘til Dawn Applications

Applications for the executive board are due Friday by 5 p.m. in UC 214. An interview sign-up sheet will be available at that time. Up ‘Til Dawn is a student organization that fundraises for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. For more information and to receive an application, contact Vivian Chao at v.chao@umiami.edu.

Poetry Track changes

For the academic year 2011-2012, no writing samples will be needed to gain admittance into the poetry track of the creative writing major. For more information and to sign up, contact M. Evelina Galang at mgalang@miami.edu or Maureen Seaton at mseaton@miami.edu.

Screening of ‘One Water’

Amnesty International presents a screening of “One Water” on April 19 at 6:30 p.m. in Shoma Hall. There will be a lecture and question and answer session with director Sanjeev Chatterjee afterward. Refreshments will be served. One Water is a documentary exploring the issue of clean water and its impact on human populations.

UGalapagos program

The UGalapagos program offers students the opportunity to earn a minor in either Latin American Studies or Ecosystem Science and Policy by living and studying on Isla Isabella in the Galapagos. All majors will earn 15 credits and all courses will be taught by University of Miami professors. The deadline to apply is April 25. For more information, contact Sallie Hughes at shughes@miami.edu or Terri Hood at t.hood@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.