Sports briefs 4/7

Women’s Basketball

The Canes will be celebrating their historic season with a banquet in the Hurricane 100 Room at the BankUnited Center on April 12 at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $50 for adults. To RSVP, call the Hurricane Club at (305) 284-6699.

Baseball

Miami infielder Rony Rodriguez has been selected as Co-ACC Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Clemson infielder Richie Shaffer. For the week of March 28-April 3, Rodriguez hit .750 and hit his team-leading fourth home run, carrying Miami to a perfect 3-0 week. On the season, he leads the team in batting average as well, hitting .305.

Soccer

The Hurricanes played their second spring scrimmage on Sunday, beating USF 1-0. Sophomore Jordan Roseboro scored the lone goal, and she finished last season as one of the team leaders in points and goals. The team played to a 1-1 tie against UF in its first spring scrimmage.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...