Basketball, Sports

Frank Haith to take head coaching job at Missouri

University of Miami basketball coach Frank Haith has agreed to terms to take up the coaching position offered by the University of Missouri, according to sources.

News of the decision began circulating late Sunday night, but as of now there has been no official confirmation of the news. However, Missouri has scheduled a meeting to take place on Monday night, possibly to discuss the terms of a new contract.

Haith still has two years left on his current contract with Miami. An official announcement is expected to take place within the next 48 hours.

Miami still has not named an official replacement to take over the Athletic Director position that was left vacant with former AD Kirby Hocutt took the same position at Texas A&M. Tony Hernandez has been named interim AD at the moment, but until a new one is officially named, a new basketball coach will not be hired.

Stay updated on the current situation by checking back at  themiamihurricane.com, or by following the official twitter page for Miami Hurricane sports @TMH_Sports.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...