Club/Intramural Sports, Sports

Sports briefs 3/24

Soccer

In their first game since new head coach Tom Anagnost took over, the Hurricanes tied UF 1-1 on Monday. Kelley Griffin scored Miami’s goal in the first of three 30-minute periods, with Florida answering in the third. The Canes next take the field on April 3 against USF.

Men’s tennis

No. 25 Miami recorded a 4-3 win over Clemson on Sunday, bringing the team to 3-0 in ACC play. Miami is 5-1 this season in matches decided by one point. The Canes won all three doubles matches and rallied back for the win after Clemson won a string of singles matches. Their home stand finishes up this weekend, as the team takes on Virginia on Friday and Virginia Tech on Sunday.

Golf

The Hurricanes placed 14th at the John Kirk/Panther Intercollegiate on Tuesday, led by Maria Ronderos, who finished in sixth place overall. This tournament wraps up the regular season for the Canes, as they head to the ACC Championships April 15-17 in Greensboro, N.C.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Darci Miller can be contacted at dmiller@themiamihurricane.com.

Darci Miller

Opinion Editor

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...