New Briefs 2/28

Brain Fair looking for volunteers
The University of Miami and the Miami Science Museum are looking for volunteers for their 2011 Brain Fair, which will be held on March 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Miami Science Museum.   For more information and to volunteer, visit themiamiproject.org/brainfair and e-mail the completed volunteering form to brainfair@med.miami.edu.

Connecting and transporting Miami
The UM School of Architecture, Miami’s Green Mobility Network and transitmiami.com will present Connecting Miami, a two-day event to promote bicycling. A lecture will be held March 25 in the Jorge M. Perez Architecture Center Glasgow Hall at 6:30 p.m. and will feature the Executive Director of Transportation Alternatives Paul Steely White. It is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. A bike ride, sponsored by the Green Mobility Network, will be held March 26 and will begin at the University Metrorail Station at 10 a.m. The ride is called the “Tweed Ride” and cyclists are encouraged to wear “old-timey” apparel. Please RSVP for the bike ride on Green Mobility Network’s Facebook page or on greenmobilitynetwork.org.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...