New Briefs 2/24

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held at 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Homegrown film screening

The Africana Studies Program and the African Film Festival will be screening “HomeGrown: Hip Life in Ghana” on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Wesley Art Gallery. Director Eli Jacobs-Fantauzzi will be available for a question and answer session afterwards. For more information contact Kahlil Jacobs-Fantauzzi at kahliljf@yahoo.com.

Chartwell’s nutrional info

Nutritional information for the dining halls is now available online. To view the facts visit miami.edu/index.php/auxiliary_services/dining_services/menus_and_nutritional_information/.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Former University of Miami football and NFL star player Jonathan Vilma made a splash in South Florid ...

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews revealed Thursday the team's schedule ...

The Canes defense is full of big names like Shaq Quarterman and Jaquan Johnson, but these players ha ...

Quick Hits gives University of Miami volleyball fans an inside scoop on the latest additions to the ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...