V's Take

Dear V: If I want it to be good do I get myself a bad boy?

I’m dating this amazing guy. He’s so sweet and awesome and he’s my best friend. I’m just having a problem. My ex is the exact opposite, a bad boy who was never really there for me when I really needed him and not at all trustworthy. But here’s the thing: It totally turned me on. Feelings for my ex are gone, minus the sexual ones. How do I get over this and just be happy with the sex appeal of my new boyfriend who I care deeply about?

Sincerely,

Whips and Chains Excite Me

Dear Whips and Chains,

Got to love those bad boys. They are unpredictable and exciting and just “yay!”  But at the same time all they can be counted on for is a broken heart and wasted time. Like you, my little lady, I never really dated the nice boys. Your ex is the kind of guy I used to revel in.

Bad boys don’t want commitment (check), want to have fun (check) and are usually smokin’ (double-check). Everything I was looking for in the opposite sex. I had my friends and family who were always there. No need for a serious thing to develop and just sit back and watch as it slowly turned boring and monotonous.

However, my last relationship quickly made me realize that sometimes being with the king of bad boys is NOT a good idea. I got played every which way and really got hurt. Much like your situation I am now with a super sweet guy. He is definitely not the same as my ex, and you know what? Thank goodness he’s not!

I’m sorry your current boo isn’t getting the job done, but I have a feeling that your sudden surge of sexual feelings for your ex has nothing to actually do with your ex or a lack of feelings for your boyfriend. It’s about you. You need to learn what you like and what gets your engine fired up. And then tell your boyfriend.

Trust me, he just wants to make you real, real happy. Let the conversation flow into what you both like between the sheets and then let the party start and lock the door. Oh, and I know this is obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyways: Do not mention how your ex did it for ya. Show some love for the non-bad boys of the world.

With love,

Advice Columnist

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...