News briefs 2/17

Memorial ride for slain student

A memorial ride for University of Miami School of Law student Natasha Pettigrew will be held on Saturday Feb. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pettigrew died last September after being hit by a motorist while out biking. Those interested in participating in the memorial ride should meet in the School of Law courtyard. Refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact Brian Sperber at bsperb@gmail.com or 908-358-6974.

Videographers, editors needed

The Knight Center for International Media, in conjunction with the Florida Earth Foundation, will be hosting the Water Choices II Forum on Feb.8. and are looking to hire four videographers and one editor for the event. Students will be paid $120 per day (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and $50 for a half-day. Equipment will be provided. For more information, contact Trevor Green at TrevorGreen@miami.edu with your name, major, year, position you would like to work for and phone number at which you can be reached in your e-mail.

WVUM Gets Woodie NOM

University of Miami radio station WVUM “the Voice,” has made it to the top 10 in consideration for an mtvU Woodie Award for the best college radio station in the United States. The awards will air March 16 at midnight on MTV, MTV2 and mtvU. To vote, visit http://radiowoodie.ratemyprofessors.com.

Alysha Khan may be contacted at akhan@themiamihurricane.com.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

University of Miami President Julio Frenk and Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carva

Experts in the Department of Political Science’s 2020 election class explain why all eyes may be on

The Frost School of Music’s Band of the Hour discovers new ways to deliver school spirit at the Hard

Lauren Markwith played four years with Miami Hurricanes soccer. Now, she is on staff for Inter Miami

Sierra Domb uses her communications skills to raise awareness of and funding for studies on a sensor