News Briefs 2/14

New Arabic Minor

The Department of Modern Languages and Literature is now offering a new Arabic Studies minor. For more information, contact Dr. Christina Civantos at ccivantos@miami.edu.

Interviewing Skills Workshop

The Toppel Career Center will be hosting an Interviewing Skills Workshop on Feb. 15 at 3 p.m. For more information, contact the Toppel Carer Center at 305-284-5451.

Neil Baldwin Lecture

Dr. Neil Baldwin will be speaking at One Writer’s Journey: From Small Press Poetry to E-Book Novel, with Many & Varied Stops Along the Way on Feb. 17 at the CAS Gallery/Wesley House. There will be a reception at 4:30 p.m. and the lecture will start at 5 p.m. Baldwin is an Emmy-nominated writer who has published three volumes of poetry, three textbooks and three biographies and has won several awards for his work. To RSVP, email provost@miami.edu.

Alysha Khan

Online Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...