Photo

BellyMotions come to the U

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Portia Lange, a worldwide belly dance performer, instructor, president and CEO of BellyMotions belly dance studio, leads her students in her beginners class focused on learning the fundamentals of belly dance.

Instructors from BellyMotions have been teaching classes at the Wellness Center and they are offering an academic class this semester. The beginner’s belly dance multi-week course requires pre-registration, while the introductory course to Middle Eastern dance requires no previous experience.

Both these courses teach the basic movements of belly dance, which, according to the Web site, include head, ribs and hip isolations.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

A continuation of the “What Matters to U” speaker series, the former Ohio governor will speak to stu ...

Thousands gathered at the University of Miami’s Coral Gables campus for a weekend of creativity and ...

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.