Photo

BellyMotions come to the U

Katie Sikora//The Miami Hurricane

Portia Lange, a worldwide belly dance performer, instructor, president and CEO of BellyMotions belly dance studio, leads her students in her beginners class focused on learning the fundamentals of belly dance.

Instructors from BellyMotions have been teaching classes at the Wellness Center and they are offering an academic class this semester. The beginner’s belly dance multi-week course requires pre-registration, while the introductory course to Middle Eastern dance requires no previous experience.

Both these courses teach the basic movements of belly dance, which, according to the Web site, include head, ribs and hip isolations.

Marlena Skrobe

Co-Photo Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...