Football, Sports

The scoop on Super Bowl XLV watch parties

Usually closed on Sundays, the Rathskeller is opening its doors this Sunday for a Super Bowl watch party.

“It was huge last year,” said Everett Price, Jr., manager of the Rathskeller.

Freshman Nicholas Schiller, a Steelers fan, is excited to watch the game on the large indoor screen set up by the Rathskeller.

“It’s awesome,” he said. “Instead of running over to my friend’s dorm and his small screen, I can now watch the game the way it’s meant to be watched.”

Management does not know what to expect after last year’s big turnout.

“It’s tough to say; it’s the Packers and Steelers- plus, last year [the game]was hosted here, so we have to see,” Price said.

Senior Jeremy Jeffers is glad that the Rat is bringing back their popular NFL beer specials.

“It’s usually the only reason I come to the Rat; I mean the food is good, but c’mon!” he said.

The beer is just one of the menu specials being offered by the Rat this year. Fans should look out for several other food and drink specials.

The Rathskeller is known to fill up quickly, so make sure to arrive early for Super Bowl XLV because according to management, there are currently no plans to move the party outdoors.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and kickoff is at 6:30 p.m.

Jason Soriano may be contacted at jsoriano@themiamihurricane.com.

Where to watch:

Gordon Biersch
1201 Brickell Ave
Each seat will be sold on Sunday for $20. Price also includes a buffet of burgers, wings, and fries, as well as two tickets for home brewed beer.

Finnegan’s on the River
201 SW 3 Avenue
Party starts at 2 pm and goes all the way until 2 am. Alongside an indoor bar with plasma tvs, they also offer a pool and giant bar with plasma outside as well.

Tobacco Road
626 South Miami Avenue
For those looking to keep it simple, Tobacco Road is offering their Sunday specials while keeping their kitchens open until 4 am.

Hard Rock Live
1 Seminole Way, Hollywood
Those willing to make the drive north can watch the game at the Seminole Hard Rock courtesy of WSVN-Fox. Appearances by the Hard Rock Girls as well appearances by the Lingerie Football League. General admission seating is free of charge.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...