Dressing up with cutting-edge fashion

Monthly magazines beware: Style blogs are a free and easy outlet for fashion fiends to get their daily fix, and there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re man-repelling, a style rookie or just a sucker for a good deal, these five blogs will feed the fashion hunger in you.

1. The Man Repeller (manrepeller.com) – Leandra Medine is just like you and me, except she uses a colorful vocabulary that includes terms of her own creation such as “man repeller,” “birth control glasses” and “lady boner.” Medine’s site revolves around the idea that the trends that make women drool (think layers, oxfords, harem pants) sometimes make men want to run in the other direction. But Medine makes it okay to want that velvet bowtie more than you want a date on Friday night.
2. The Style Rookie (thestylerookie.com) – Thirteen-year-old Tavi Gevinson is no fashion novice. Already an attendee of high fashion runway shows and a staple feature in magazines like Teen Vogue, this teen knows how to work the Web to her professional advantage. Gevinson proves that no one’s too young for good style.
3. Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com) – Do you love magazine editorials but hate shelling out five bucks every time you want to peruse the latest designer duds? Fashion Gone Rogue has come to the rescue. The site posts high-fashion editorials from top magazines all over the world, making a trip to the nearest news rack seem unnecessary.
4. Racked (racked.com) – While Racked may have separate blogs for New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, something tells me Miami’s not too far off from having its own page. For now, you can go to their default national site, which highlights style steals from around the country.
5. Style.com (style.com) – Break-ups can be bittersweet; while the partnership between Vogue and Style.com was an affair to remember, now that the haute magazine has its own Web domain, Style.com is thriving as an independent fashion forum. Happily, their seasonal runway coverage is still unmatched.
Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...