V's Take

Dear V: Am I a Grade A slut?

I had been in a relationship for years, and became single a few months ago. I’ve found that once you’ve had sex, what are you saving it for? In a city where guys can generally get laid if they try at all, it seems like they can easily lose interest, and I find myself beginning to have low sexpectations, let alone romance. But as my number is steadily climbing, I have begun to worry, are we simply romantically challenged, or are we sluts?

Slightly Slutty

Well Slut,

I’ve often found myself contemplating the same question: Do our countless conquests simply make us sexually expressive and comfortable beings? Or have we justified such a concept to ourselves when in actuality, we are nothing more then pathetic whores?

The answer can be found in the actions and interactions that take place before you end up sexing up one of these fine, or possibly not so fine, men. This will take a bit of reflection on your part.

What have you done leading up to said encounters? Has it involved a social situation? Dinner, drinks, a movie, Parcheesi? Or has it simply involved little to no interaction followed by what seems to be a push strictly to the physical? A quick in-and-out.

But why might the approach give you an answer?

You want to know if you are romantically challenged or just a bit overly sexual. If you are seeking strictly sexual encounters with individuals in which you see yourself caring less about the person they are and the deeper intellectual connections you make, then you might not be acting in your best interest; Therefore, you are in fact, acting like a whore.

I am in no way calling overtly sexual people whores because expressive sexuality in no way makes a person a “slut.” However, when a person lowers their standards, social interactions and overall encounters with a person they plan on engaging in sex with, then they are a whore.

So reflect and see where your actions have led you- ideally, this will let you know: Are you a romantic sorting through men to find a good match or, rather, are you an unsatisfied jezebel looking for her next ‘fix.’

Good luck,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

A continuation of the “What Matters to U” speaker series, the former Ohio governor will speak to stu ...

Thousands gathered at the University of Miami’s Coral Gables campus for a weekend of creativity and ...

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.