Music Minute: Thanksgiving edition

Before you stuff your face with turkey, stuff your iPod with these cool tunes for the flight or car ride home. This hodgepodge of dance music and new Kid Cudi should keep you (somewhat) sane around the family all weekend.

1. I Feel It All by Feist (Diplo remix) – Good in it’s original form and better when Diplo-ized, this song will have you feeling it all.

2. I’m In The House by Steve Aoki (feat. [[[Zuper Blahq]]]) – There’s more than one way to reclaim your territory. Let mom and dad know your back at home by blasting this as you step into the motherfreakin’ house.

3. Marijuana, Mojo So Dope, and Trapped In My Mind by Kid Cudi – Three Cudi songs are better than one. If this isn’t enough to wet your taste buds, buy the whole album: Man on the Moon, Vol. II: The Legend of Mr. Rager doesn’t disappoint.

4. Happy Up Here by Royksopp (Boys Noize remix) – For a song that sounds heavy, Happy Up Here is oddly soothing. Let it ease you into an airport layover trance.

5. The Time (Dirty Bit) by Black Eyed Peas – Listen to this more for the “dirty bit” than for Fergie’s shrill Dirty Dancing tribute.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...