Sports briefs 11/18

Men’s Basketball

After suffering a close 72-68 loss to the No.19 Memphis Tigers early Tuesday morning, the Hurricanes will look to rebound at home on Friday night when they take on the North Carolina Central Eagles. The Eagles are also coming off a tough loss, losing in overtime to the Oklahoma Sooners 71-63 on Monday night. Both teams stand at 1-1 on the season. Game time is set for 7 p.m.

Volleyball

The Canes are looking to continue their three-game home winning streak on Friday night when they face off against the Boston College Eagles. The Canes currently stand at 20-8 including 10-7 in the ACC, which is good enough for third place in the league. The game will begin at 7 p.m. The Canes will play their last home game of the regular season this Sunday when they face the Maryland Terrapins at 1 p.m.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at asstsports@themiamihurricane.com

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...