News Briefs 11/18

Candelight vigil
A candlelight prayer vigil is being planned for UM junior Paul Jones, the recent victim of last Saturday’s hit-and-run accident, who is still in critical condition. The vigil will be held Friday at 6:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Dean honored
Miller School of Medicine Dean Pascal J. Goldschmidt received the 2010 Outstanding Citizenship Award from Poder Magazine and the Americas Business Council Foundation on Nov. 9.
He joined an elite group of global leaders who were honored for their remarkable strategy, vision and execution in their respective businesses and organizations.

Photographer speaks
Pulitzer Prize-winning The Miami Herald photographer and School of Communication alumnus Patrick Farrell will be on campus Thursday at 6:15 p.m. in CIB 2055 to talk about the variety of work he’s produced during more than 30 years at a major newspaper. Farrell has been the head photographer of the Herald since 1987.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...