News Briefs 11/11

IT Survey
Student Government is conducting a 30-second survey on what software students would like to see virtualized.  With virtualized software students will be able to use them online rather than have to physically be in a computer lab or library. Log on to studentvoice.com/uom/sqsftwaresurvey2010 to participate.

Sorority Showcase

For those interested in going through Spring Sorority Recruitment, Panhellenic will be hosting a Sorority Showcase this Friday, Nov. 9, from 5 to 8 p.m. on the second floor of the basketball courts in the Wellness Center.  There will be representatives from each chapter on hand to talk about their respective sorority, along with the Panhellenic Executive Board and Recruitment Counselors to assist you through the process and answer any questions. Recruitment will be held Jan. 12-16.
For more information, email miamirecruitment@gmail.com.

Second Annual Great Give Away

After collecting over 3,000 articles of clothing, Random Acts of Kindness and U R Awesome Inc will be giving away clothing, along with food, hygiene kits and U R Awesome shirts at the Miami Rescue Mission’s Community Activity Center from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 13.

Veteran’s Day Tribute

A special Veteran’s Day ceremony will take place on Thusday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m. at the Rhodes House on UM’s Coral Gables campus to honor the men and women of the armed forces. As part of the tribute, the Air Force ROTC, Detachment 155, will dedicate a model F-22 Raptor to be installed at their offices.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...