News Briefs 11/8

“Islands of the Sun” Book Signing & Art Show

University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, together with the Bahamas Marine EcoCentre and The Nature Conservancy, will host a book signing and art show featuring “Islands of the Sun: a Tribute to the Northern Exuma Cays, Bahamas.” The event will take place on Thursday from 6-9 p.m. at the Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science. RSVP to clovinsky@rsmas.miami.edu or call 305-421-4061.

Miami Poverty Conference

Applications for the 2011 Executive Board for the Miami Poverty Conference must be submitted to the Butler Center no later than Tuesday at 5 p.m. E-mailed applications will not be accepted. If you have an questions, email UMpovconf@gmail.com.

Spoken Word Wednesdays

Every second Wednesday of the month is Spoken Word Wednesday at the Rathskeller. Come out for a student-filled open mic and see the Write Side Poets. Food will be available, and an open mic for any interested students.  To reserve a spot visit urathskeller.com or e-mail a.davis19@umiami.edu.

Parker Davis may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...